PRIMITIVE TENT CAMPING – No electricity available. A scenic outdoor camping site that overlooks the Cape Fear River. It stays relatively cool because of the breeze coming from either the river or the ocean. The camping area includes a common bath house, and a coin-operated washer and dryer. This shaded grassy camping area is located near the Beach House Bar and Grill.
$10.00 per night / per site – Two 4 person tents or one 8 person tent are the maximum allowed per site. Camping equipment and supplies are available at the Recreation Hall or the Reception Center. Check-in at 2 p.m. – check-out by 2 p.m.
Camping Pet Policy: If you bring your pet, you are responsible for keeping it quiet and on a leash at all times. Your pet is not permitted to be tied up at your campsite while you are away from your site and please remember to pick up after your pet.
Public beach access is located on both northern and southern ends of the front, beachside of the recreation area.
GROUP TENT CAMPING – If you are planning on tent camping with a group of 20 or more you must call the Group Coordinator to schedule your reservation. Please call 910-458-6299.
SCOUT TROOPS – We welcome our Scout Troops to come and stay. However, troops must have a military sponsor make or confirm the reservation and also stay while the group is here.
TENT CAMPING RULES
- Must have a valid DoD Id card. Register at Bldg 118, Reception Center. If Reception Center is closed, set up tent and register the next morning by 11:00 a.m.
- A maximum of 8 persons and/or two 4-man tents allowed per site.
- Do not drive/park vehicles or trailers in the camping area.
- Check out time is 2:00 p.m.
- NO OPEN FIRE PITS – Wood burning fires are prohibited in accordance with Federal Law. Charcoal and propane contained in a grill are allowed. Only battery operated lanterns are allowed.
- Please discard trash nightly by placing in dumpsters.
- Pets must be on a leash and not left alone at your tent site, clean up after pets.
- Quiet hours are from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.